GAMERVILLE HOLD NO RESPONSABILITY TO ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PSP.
- Updated RainMMS to RainUltraLite based with latest core engine to enhance maximun efficency and stability.
- 'Booster IPL' added to support 4GB or higher MS to MMS. (Thx to creator RainMotorSport to confirm this.)
- MMS is now confirmed able to be made under Windows Vista enviroment.
- MMS Guide updated to use Automated MMS Maker program and enhanced guidelines.
- First Initial Guide Release v1.0 and correction fixes.
Introduction: This guide shows you how to convert Phat and Slim PSP with any version of Original Firmware (OFW) to Custom Firmware (CFW) also known as 'M33', tranditionally it is required to downgrade to 1.50 and many more process to get to decent a CFW. But this has changed, this guide shows you how to convert DIRECTLY to CFW with shortest, safest possible way. The complex path has been cut way much, you can now easily convert OFW to CFW with the following fastest steps you'll ever find!
I would also encurage everyone to read through atleast once to understand the procedures. And i'm highly recommend stick with the guide when doing it.
Note: Anyone who owns PSP with OFW higher then 3.52 or newer PSP Slim with TA-85v2 / TA-88+ mainboard required to make Pandora battery. (To Determine: PSP Slim comes with 3.71 or higher OFW uses TA-85v2 or TA-88+ mainboard)
WARNING: PSP Slim with TA-88v3 and PSP Brite with TA-90v2 (aka PSP-3000) mainboard is still not hackable, but Slim TA-90 is working.
- Computer with Windows 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7.
- Sony/Sandisk Geniune 256MB, 512MB, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB Pro Duo Memory Stick (MS)
- Pandora Battery (Follow Guide Below)
STEP 1 - Pandora Making Guide
Introduction: This methold works for all PSP model (except TA-88v3 Slim and TA-90v2 Brite) and is a must for OFW to CFW. There are few disadvantages which one is user's side risk to damage the battery, extra cautions is needed for the process and take your time is one of the way to success. Ofcouse, you'll need a thin sealer tape to keep the battery cover intact for use later.
Please read Slim and Phat Opening Battery Guide to open the battery with safest way. And Phat Battery A Unsolder Pic/Phat Battery B Unsolder Pic & Slim Battery Unsolder Pic to bend up or remove the hi-lighted leg.
- Sony "standard" Li-ion 1800 mAh (Phat) (Made in Japan Sony Geniune will not work)
- Sony "standard" Li-ion 1200 mAh (Slim)
- Sony PSP-280 2200mAh
- Datel, PSP Battery 3600 mAh (X2)
- Datel, PSP Battery 1800 Max Power
- Datel, PSP Battery GO MAX (Model # GM1000, uses AAA batteries) note: If u remove the batteries, it resets the serial back to all 0's
Not working: (Pandora Proof)
- 2600 mAh Mega Battery Pack (Fake)
- Atomic Battery Pack 3.6V 1800mAh
- Sony PSP-280 2200mAh (Fake)
- Sony PSP Bloc-Battery pack 3.6v 1800 mAh
- Battery 3600mAh, unknown brand, (china made model NK-RH008) (Fake)
- Battery Pack, unknown brand, (lithium) 3.6v 3600 mAH (Fake)
- Intec 1800 mAh Li-ion
- Intec 2200 mAh
- UltraLast e-Boost 3.7v 2200mAh Li-PO battery
NOTE: To test your Pandora battery, you will know if you successfully made your battery when you insert the battery and the green power light comes on immediately with blank screen. If it doesn't comes on, mean you didn't make it correctly.
STEP 2 - Magic Memory Stick (MMS) Guide
Introduction: The easiest and fastest way to prepare the ultimate Magic Memory Stick (MMS). To convert OR downgrade ANY firmware (OFW or CFW) to the desired firmware you want. YES, you can install any CFW or OFW with it as well as recover/reflash bricked PSP.
CHOOSING: Select the Custom Firmware version you wish to install. Each program is specialized with one CFW version only. Also download the .PBP Official Firmware file which is required to make MMS. (I recommend for all first time CFW users always choose the latest. Since latest is always the best)
RainUltraLite MMS Maker for 5.00 - Media Fire
RainUltraLite MMS Maker for 4.01 - Rapidshare
RainUltraLite MMS Maker for 3.90 - Rapidshare
#Incase above .PBP download link doesn't work, go to this Dark_Alex's Mirrior Site / Dark_Alex's Main Site to download a .PBP for your CFW.
STEP BY STEP MAKING MMS:
1. Extract RainUltraLite MMS Maker you just downloaded, also place the Official Firmware .PBP file together on the same location.
2. Connect your PSP to computer.
3. Launch RainUltraLite MMS Maker and click on Make MMS the program will start configure MMS itself. (Is hightly recommended you use 'Format Memory Stick' option on the program to recieve maximun positive result.)
*Windows Vista users will recieve a popup prompt, user must give authorization to let RainUltraLite run.
4. When its done, close your PSP 'USB Mode' and disconnect cable, make sure PSP is complete shutdown not in sleep mode.
STEP 3 - FLASHING!
1. Your Pandora battery MUST have 78% power or more. If not, is ok to charge it to full.
<< NOTE: To troubleshoot popular issues when booting MMS with Pandora. In-short, disconnect pandora and AC adapter all power sources on PSP and leave it for 1 min. By doing this to let the temporary data stored on PSP memory to die and so shall bring no trouble when booting MMS. >>
2. Now you must Hold L button before insert Pandora battery. Do not release L button until you see PSP screen is on and starts to read files from MMS.
3. After its loaded, it will prompt you to install the Custom Firmware, press X on PSP to begin. Process takes less then 3 mins to complete.
<< NOTE: Make sure your Pandora battery is fitted firmly into the battery slot, if the battery disconnected accidently during the flashing process, re-do the boot up process agian. >>
4. After flashed, press X to shutdown/restart PSP. And there you have done it! Power it up and you can go check on Settings > System Settings > System Information. Now you see "M33" together with your installed firmware. You should also format your Memory Stick now agian with your new PSP fimware for compatibility. Please read the User Guides below to learn how to use Pandora battery like a normal battery.
HELP! - On some phat PSP if you experience firmware crashes. First shutdown PSP, Hold R button and power up PSP. On Recovery Menu go 'Advanced' and click on 'Format flash1 and reset settings' to fix this problem.
and now your doneThis guide was made by someone called vp on another site i know all credit goes to them (i only chose to post this because the one i typed up was harder to understand for noobies)