Gamerville
Welcome to gamerville hope you enjoy your stay with us!
if you have not registered already it would be a good idea too as you get access to alot more of our gamerville features such as a personal profile points system a regular insite to gaming news, our arcade and many other great things!

enjoy your stay at gamerville!
Gamerville
Welcome to gamerville hope you enjoy your stay with us!
if you have not registered already it would be a good idea too as you get access to alot more of our gamerville features such as a personal profile points system a regular insite to gaming news, our arcade and many other great things!

enjoy your stay at gamerville!
Gamerville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to gamerville enjoy your warm welcomed stay with us!

HomeNewsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
brooksterKid
brooksterKid

Registration date : 2009-01-05
Warnings : Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? 110
Number of posts : 39

Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? Empty
PostSubject: Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!???   Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:33 am

Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? Psp2
There have been many modifications to the PlayStation Portable ever since it launched back in 2005, but there has yet to be an announcement of a TRUE next-generation portable gaming system from Sony. Sure they have added a couple new features to the PSP 2000 and 3000 but not to the extent of needing to upgrade. There are rumors of Sony announcing the next PlayStation Portable at E3 this year with a touch screen and of course upgrade hardware, but will this happen?

Sony launched the PSP in 2005 hoping to succeed in the handheld gaming market and they did just that. True, the Nintendo DS outsells PSP week-to-week but Nintendo has been successful with this market for many years. The DS also appeals to more of the casual gamers even though the PSP does have many great casual games like Patapon. But even with them losing in sales to the DS they have made loads of money off of the PlayStation Portable and without a doubt will be coming out with another one.

Now the question is, will it be announced this year? I am sure that Sony does not even know 100%. They just released the PlayStation 3 in 2006 and even though it did have a rough start, it has began to pick back up and is doing very well. Now you are probably wondering why I am bringing the PS3 into the picture. The reason why is because I feel that the PlayStation 3 will keep Sony from announcing the next PlayStation Portable this year. The reason why I say this is because if they were to announce the next PSP lets say at E3, that would be something else Sony would need to focus on and put a lot of time and effort into. This would hurt them deeply with the PlayStation 3 as that needs to be the #1 thing to focus on. They need to find a way to get the price of the system down and sell more consoles. They started out well for 2008 until Microsoft dropped the price of the 360 to $199 making it almost impossible for someone to justify buying a PlayStation 3.

Sony just needs to start putting all their time and effort into the PlayStation 3. If they can drop the price to $299 soon after the release of Killzone 2 along with release many more great titles and add more features to the PlayStation 3, this will make Sony a lot more money and enable them to surpass the 360 this generation. This will give them more money to put more focus into the PlayStation 3 and then later on with the next PlayStation Portable.

So if Sony is smart and understands what they need to focus on, there will not be even an announcement of the next PSP this year but maybe next year at E3 if they can turn everything around with the PlayStation 3.

Last edited by brooksterKid on Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : New Title)
Back to top Go down
revan07
Admin
Admin
revan07

Registration date : 2009-01-03
Country : Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? UnitedKingdomGreatBritain-1
Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Nice!   Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:07 pm

Shocked Thanks alot for the post brookster this sounds totally awsome if this really is true i cant wait king
Back to top Go down
https://gamerville.forumotion.co.uk
brooksterKid
brooksterKid

PostSubject: Not clever by Sony   Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:39 am

i personally cannot see this PSP2 being announced this year because they have only just brought out the PSP 3000(brite) and it would not be clever for Sony if they was to just bring out another new handheld straight away. It would also upset any PSP 3000 owner as they could of saved there money and waited for the PSP2 which will hopefully have a lot more features and be better than the current available PSP's
Back to top Go down
hectic
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
hectic

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!???   Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:01 pm

Thanks for the impressive post but i don't think they'll release the psp 2 any time soon.

I think the reason that they released the "psp 3000" was to

1. Buy them some more time in making the "next big thing"
2. Give them money.

They will not be making money if they release it this year because it will give people less time to buy it. Sony is aiming for people to buy more of their product..
For example why would you buy a ps2 now if you have $1000? You'd go for the ps3 right?

Same with the psp .
Why would you buy a psp 3000? When you can get a psp 2 for abit more money.
Back to top Go down
brooksterKid
brooksterKid

PostSubject: PSP   Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:37 am

well news in is that a PSP 4000 is in the making and should be released later on in 2009. Should be interesting to see what new features it contains. Sony say they are releasing another upgrade for the PSP as the 3000 had scanline problems and so they want to make their customers happy. Well i believe they are after just more cash and i certainly wont be buying a PSP 4000 especially since i have just spent £140 on a PSP 3000
Back to top Go down
Jewbacca
Jewbacca

Registration date : 2009-03-08
Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!???   Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 6:04 am

I want to know one thing. Would the new PSP have UMD or a new tyip of disks. Also would we be able to trade our old PSP UMD's for upgraded one?
Back to top Go down
revan07
Admin
Admin
revan07

PostSubject: hmmm...   Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 6:01 pm

im not sure but i very highly doubt they will change the type of disc for the psp if they do it may cause them to lose alot of customers ill try to see if i can get more info on the new psp and stuff Razz

thanks for readin

revan07
--admin and owner
Back to top Go down
Jewbacca
Jewbacca

PostSubject: Re: Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!???   Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:25 pm

If they change the disks to a game-cube disc (because thats more realistic) then they can add more stuff to it and improve the graphix as well as the game it self. I mean who knows we could end up with ps2 graphix instead of ps1.
Back to top Go down
revan07
Admin
Admin
revan07

PostSubject: hmmmm...   Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:43 am

well i think that the graphics on the psp are already better than ps1 on most games but what your saying sounds good but the thing is the psp is a hand held and needs to be sturdy and have sturdy disks because handhelds are also alot more popular with younger kids and they get damaged alot easier making the umd a good disk if they had gamecube disks it would be a good idea i suppose i havnt found anything on the new psp yet no ones really mentioned it but on google images there are alot of different images relating to the new psp i cant wait to see what it looks like when it actually comes out.

revan07 king
Back to top Go down
Jewbacca
Jewbacca

PostSubject: Re: Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!???   Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 2:58 pm

Point but you dont really see many kids with the PSP. They usaly play with the DS. Any way the PSP was ment to be built for hard core gamers on the go and the DS was built for Diddys and kids.
Back to top Go down
revan07
Admin
Admin
revan07

PostSubject: true   Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:45 am

very true the DS does seem to attract alot of old women lol my nans got a nintendo ds and shes 61 lol

lol!
Back to top Go down
hectic
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
hectic

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!???   Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:07 am

DS is only bought by old people because it's advertised to believe that it improves hand eye coordination
Back to top Go down
lukeyrice
lukeyrice

Registration date : 2009-03-19
Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!???   Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:21 pm

i thought it was going to look like this.[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
brooksterKid
brooksterKid

PostSubject: Re: Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!???   Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 5:34 am

PSP 4000 is coming out mid 2009, and the PSP 2 is set for next year (2010).
Back to top Go down
revan07
Admin
Admin
revan07

PostSubject: Re: Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!???   Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:03 am

oh kwl that seems more realistic now lol
Back to top Go down
lukeyrice
lukeyrice

Registration date : 2009-03-19
Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!???   Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:31 pm

i thought it was going to look like this.[img]Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? Psp2-c11[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!???   Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony To Announce PSP 2 This Year !!!???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamerville :: Sony :: PSP-
Jump to: